Details of Summer's Evening Wedding Fair. Old Palace Lodge.
Venue: The Old Palace Lodge Hotel, Church Street, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU5 4RT
Event Type: Wedding Fair
Opening times: 5.30pm - 9.30pm
29 July 2020 Get tickets / Pre-register
★ Important Announcement
- Following the recent announcements from the government regarding Corvid 19 this wedding fair is going to be provisionally rescheduled. Full details will appear in due course. Below are details of the show prior to postponement. Note the new opening times will be 5.30pm - 9.30pm★ Simply a wonderful Wedding Fair
- The Dunstable Wedding Fair at the Old Palace Lodge and Priory church is quite simple a Wedding Fair quite like no other and certainly one not to be missed!
- The Palace Lodge steeped in history with many period rooms dating back to Tudor times will host leading exhibitors from both Bedfordshire and beyond. The new Tudor Walled Gardens are really a sight to behold and provide the perfect location for couples planning an outdoor ceremony.
- The gardens will be dressed and include some unique outdoor exhibitors too (weather permitting).
- We are delighted to be hosting two totally unique fashion shows at Priory Church where as well as witnessing the models come down the aisle during the fashion shows at 12.30pm and 2.00pm, exhibitors will be in action as they might be on your wedding day.
- The Wedding Fair is open between 11.00am and 3.00pm with admission and car parking free of charge. A warm welcome awaits, and we look forward to meeting you.
- The newly launched Tudor Walled Gardens in the truly iconic location of the Old Palace Lodge Hotel are a fabulous wedding destination in Bedfordshire. A shaded pergola, an attractive oak framed gazebo and at the centre a patio of soft grey pavers with comfortable rattan furniture, a fire pit and the sound of cascading water from the fountain make the gardens a vibrant setting for a wedding reception., while the Executive Chef and the waiting team, delight all guests with a delicious barbecue.
- The overall philosophy of creating the gardens on the site of the old Norman King Inn is quintessentially English, an ambitious heritage project of classic gardening, with reference to the Tudor history linked to the hotel function rooms and famous bedroom suites.
- Ornamental grasses give a modern feel to the planting and provide year-round interest with seasonal flowering bulbs and annual flowers in beds and linear zinc jardini. The main planting compliments the hard landscape materials of the classic English garden style, while evergreen clipped hedges, box and yew topiary set within borders of hardy perennial plants and small ornamental trees bring to life the extensive research that informed the Tudor theme by which the new gardens were designed. Shrub and climbing roses will add colour and scent, with some espaliered fruit trees raised against the walls.
- In the attractive oak framed gazebo on the left side of the garden, wedding ceremonies will be celebrated watched by up to 115 guests. After the ceremony the couple will walk under the shaded pergola passageway to the terrace and welcome their guests, while Chef and the team will delight the party with a delicious BBQ.
- Two beautiful glass pods offer a unique dining experience. Both can be hired for private dining.